Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Dallying with the Dalai

Time passes unhindered. 
When we make mistakes, we cannot turn the clock back and try again. 
All we can do is use the present well

The Dalai Lama



The husband rests but cannot find peace.
The kids scream and fight and laugh, listen, don't listen.
The cat pees on the front door mat, despite our efforts to curb her transgression.
The bills and paperwork pile up higher and higher, and I feel powerless to even attempt doing something about it today.
My father is still in hospital, getting a bit stronger, day by day.
My mother is tired, but has to continue.
I have issues with energy, stress, pain and sleep.

There is no-one else who lives our lives.
No-one else will ever walk in my shoes, live in this body of mine.
 I cannot change the past.
And what will come in the future, will come, whether I want it or not.
All I can do, is use today well.

Accountability:
I will sort the paperwork.
Pay the bills.
Do the dishes and the laundry.
Kiss my kids.
Buck up.
Smile.
And enjoy it.

 


.


No comments:

Post a Comment