Thursday, August 22, 2013

Ahem, clear throat, clear throat

So now it's Thursday already and I'm almost off to my friend Karen's for a cup of tea.
Tough week, it was.

Yesterday, needing to get out, I took Son#3 and we went to Ikea for breakfast.


Then the boys, swimming lessons, buying new swimming trunks (for €2,50 on sale!  I love cheap!), and home for dinner, then a movie with the husband.
Boring stuff, but boring is good.

My dad is still struggling to be more mobile now he's home.
Difficult if you come home, sans nurses and doctors popping by and special hospital beds with monkey chains to pull yourself up. 
He needs to rebuild lost muscle tissue, but he can do it.
I have every faith in him. 
The pathologists are testing his blood again today or tomorrow.
Hang in there, my darling dad.

I'm home alone this morning, done with work for this week, thankyouverymuch.
Son#3 at school.
Just me, coffee, a breakfast cooking in the background.
Small moments.
Pockets of peace.



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment