Friday, August 2, 2013

C'est Le Weekend: Feeling hot, hot, hot

Understatement: It is hot.
And today will reach 37 degrees.
Ouch.
Just the other day (like, a couple of days ago), it was 16 degrees.
What a time for my air conditioning in my car to pack up.

Son#2 woke us early.
No-one sleeps well in this heat.

Luckily, Son#3 and his panda came to lie in bed with me, reading dinosaur books and looking serious.





Lovely.

Son#2, #3 and I don't have lots of plans for the day.
I want to read, perhaps take a nap, perhaps go hang out in Air Conditioned Ikea.
I need to go to the garden centre too - the ivy in our garden is killing my box hedges, and that would be the ultimate insult to this piece of turf.
The lawn needs attention.
I need to call in for some help, methinks.

Meanwhile, back in South Africa, my dad is doing better every day.
Yay!

Let's hope the weekend will be a good one.
The husband is off to a friend's tomorrow.
The builder is coming to plaster the chimney.
I have massive amounts of veggies to cook.
And a house to clean.
And kids to play with.
And parents to call.
People to love.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment