Saturday, August 31, 2013

A happy bugger

A friend's son came to play yesterday afternoon. 
Quelle serenity this boy seems to exude.


Enviable!

Son#2 is sick, yet still quite loud & present.
Despite a wheezing chest and large sailor's cough.
Better give him his asthma meds.

I need to prepare work for Monday's lessons, against my better judgment.
But I can't look like a no-knowledge wally in my lessons, now can I?

Then we're going to the in-laws, who are somewhere on the coast, either today or tomorrow.
The brother-in-law and our previously-incarcerated 11 year-old nephew is also joining us.
The brother-in-law's marriage is falling apart, it seems.

So much unhappiness and despair in the world and between people.
I try to fight hard against my nature to keep looking for that which is still good.
And leave my down moments for my poor husband and parents to listen to.
 
The only thing that is constant, is change.
You have to change to stay the same.


.



No comments:

Post a Comment