Monday, July 2, 2012

Mojito Magic

Now don't go thinking that I've turned into a Gardening Genius.
I haven't.
But I do appreciate plants and what they offer in the way of veggies, fruit and ingredients for cocktails.

Our new home has Mint in the garden.
And I kept thinking that there must surely be a cocktail that I could stuff it into.
It being Summer and all.



All good things start with a single thought. (Bad things too, but let's not dwell on the negative.)



And then you end up with a Mojito, just one, lounging on the bench outside while Son#2 is playing soccer.

 
Glorious bubbles packing a pleasurable punch.
Deee-li-cious.

How do you make one, you might ask.
Well, I'll tell you:

Pick about 7-10 mint leaves and put them in your tumbler.
Crush some ice (I don't have an ice crusher, but I do have clean kitchen towels and a hammer and that does a perfect job when you wrap the ice cubes in the kitchen towel and hammer away).
Pour on top of the mint leaves.
Add some raw cane sugar (I used a heaped teaspoon)
Roll a lime on the kitchen counter to soften, slice in half and squeeze out the juice of half a lime.
With a pestle, mix the whole lot together.
Add some white rum (I didn't use much, about half a tot measure) 
Top it off with 7-Up or soda water.
Et voila! 


It was fun.

Come on by July, you'll love it here.


 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment