Sunday, July 15, 2012

Utopia, Youtopia

The word 'utopia' literally means nowhere.
Did you know that?  
And because it is such a subjective term anyway, shouldn't it just be YOUtopia?  
Because you ultimately decide what is your ideal world?

I've been thinking of my demise a lot lately (midlife crisis, midlife crisis), also because Son#1 constantly asks about death and why I want to live.  (Strange boy).  
What would I want in my life in order to be left with a feeling that I have lived fully?
So far the list includes:  
  • My family
  • Painting
  • Writing
  • Pottering about in soil, growing things, living off the land 
  • And the sea


Strangely yet logically, most people's utopias include self-sufficiency, freedom from government, good weather.

On this oh so gloomy Sunday (and can I just mention that I cannot possibly stand one more drop of blooming rain), our recently-institutionalized-nephew is coming for a quick visit, we are chucking crap away, and shoveling merde around the house into for-now-unused cupboards.

Am gloomy.
Need sunshine.
And a holiday somewhere far, far away from our daily grind.
Somewhere warm, not Western, with Thai food.
Lots and lots of hot, Thai food that burns the living crap out of your taste buds.

Hope your Sunday is awesome.
Utopically so.

No comments:

Post a Comment