Saturday, July 7, 2012

Done and dusted

The Plum Gin has been jarred, and it's a beautiful end-result.  
Just three more months and I can strain it and then gulp it all down. 
Dash of tonic, twist of lime.
Yum yum.



This weekend my parents are returning from a trip to France.  Looking forward to seeing them again as I've missed them terribly.  Will be awful and quiet and lonesome here when they return to South Africa at the end of the month.
But everything ends eventually, good and bad, and it's the 'good'-part ending that has me feeling blah.

Trying my best in the meantime to forget about the work that I'm returning to in 5 weeks' time.  
Just want to focus on playing with the boys, spending time with the husband and my parents and getting my house in order before the battle of the new academic year starts all over again.
Mmmmm.
Methinks I might be elbow-deep in a midlife crisis.

All boils down to joy and how you get to have more joy in your life.  
Wish money didn't play a role in it, because I could happily potter around in my garden and wait for kiddies to come home from school and read all the books my little heart desires, instead of working.

But it doesn't work that way, and that is making me a bit peeved today.
Breathe in, breathe out.
This too shall pass, right??

Think Plum Gin and warm fires in the fireplace and sleeping babes and baby animals.
Mmmmmm.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment