Sunday, July 15, 2012

Drinking alone

So Sunday turned out to be a bit sunnier than I thought it would.  
First of all, the sun eventually came out and stayed for a while.
Then seeing our incarcerated nephew was bliss - he looks fairly happy and OK.
Then I started cooking while Son#3 slept and the husband took Thing#1 and Thing#2 to try out their skateboards on the bike path.
Lovely stuffed tomatoes, yum yum, had to stop myself from shoveling the filling into my wide open mouth instead of filling the tomatoes.

We also tied up the roses, dead-headed them, cutting back foliage to give the box hedges room to breathe and grow again.  
My hydrangeas are tired from all the rain, their heads hang low:  they've surrendered to his Holiness H2O.



And whilst cooking, I had glorious wine and got, might I admit, a tad inebriated on cheap white wine.
I'm no connoiseur, but that doesn't matter.
If it's nice, it's nice.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment