Friday, July 27, 2012

C'est Le Weekend: Joy and Sadness

Son#1 turns 7 years old today.
Seven.
That's old.
I have an old kid.
(Still coming to terms with motherhood it seems).
That's the joy-part.



On Sunday my parents are leaving for South Africa again, after 3 months of being with us.
I think I might embarrass myself at the airport with all my crying.
Wish they didn't have to go back.
Wish they could make a life for themselves here, closer by.
That's the sad-part.

I understand that life is like this, good and bad together, but I wish there was a lot more good than bad.
Sigh.



 
 

2 comments:

  1. Gefeliciteerd!!!! And at the same time what a bummer that your parents are leaving.... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elma! Can't believe he's SEVEN. That's so big!! Awful that my parents are leaving, BUM-MER. Thanks for thinking of me though! xxx

    ReplyDelete