Wednesday, September 4, 2013

It is September

It is September and the garden is filled with happy, gluttonous spiders.
How do I know that they are happy?
Because they are well-fed, and everything 'well-fed' is happy.
Although this might just apply to me, and me alone?
I hope they got fat by eating gazillions of mosquitoes that have been eating my boys alive.
Literally.

According to the garden-person I met the other day, spiders come into the houses and buildings in September.
Am keeping windows and doors hermetically sealed from now on.
Bugger fresh air.
Especially Hogna snodgrassi a.k.a. the plain old Wolf Spider, likes to come for a visit (and does so often, on my side of our bedroom).
I'll just Snod him back into the Grassi on the other side of life.
Or get the husband to do it.
Getting rid of spiders and other bugs must be the #1 reason why women get married.

They are allowed to live when they stay outside.
Inside, that's a whoooooole different ballgame.

No comments:

Post a Comment