Friday, September 27, 2013

C'est Le Weekend: Love

I took Son#1 and #2 to school on the bikes this morning, riding through the fields with swans, cows and horses.
Fog hovering on the surface of the water and a church steeple in the morning sun.
Calm.

Now there are men at the house, pruning the fruit trees, because we have no idea how to do it without buggering them up.
Son#3 just made me coffee (he pressed the button) and is walking around with orange glasses and his favourite orange car.
He must be full-blood Dutch to love the colour orange this much.

 
I have a busy morning otherwise, with my studies to catch up on, administration to do, vegetables to fetch at the organic farm for the last time (it's getting too expensive and we end up chucking stuff away that we never use...).

Later, I'm taking my three boys + 2 kids to a swimming party tonight, close to a town called Hank.  It's quite a drive, and I'm thinking that McDonald's sounds like a good treat for Son#2 and #3 (and me:  relieving me from cooking-dinner-duties, which I abhor).

Despite all my stress from my dad, work, kids that need help/attention/clean clothes/food/goodnight kisses/very little and disturbed sleep, the husband and I love each other.
Dearly.
And love, that is precious.
And it's a privilege to still have that ability to love another.


.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment