Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Hope

An eye-opening talk with my work coach yesterday - on feelings of anxiety and then the inevitable avoidance-strategies that I apply.
Gives me hope that maybe, just maybe, I am able and willing to change my ways.
We're working on a change-my-life-strategy, setting smaller goals, letting go of my it's-got-to-be-perfect-or-you-might-as-well-leave-it (which I inevitably leave then...).
I'm starting to sound like a perfectionist.
This morning, I woke calm and semi-rested.
Breakfast.




Happy kids.


I have been working all morning, preparing a lecture on global organized crime for early tomorrow.
Riveting stuff, even if it is work and that I would like to limit work to time spent at work and not at home.
Finally, at 5 to 12, I jumped out of my pajamas, into my clothes and fetched the boys from school.
To the dentist for Son#2.
Home.
Lunch.
Now we wait for the rush to swimming lessons.
Son#1 has 2 parties this weekend, and my depleted funds will have to go towards cheap gifts for the birthday boy & girl.
I have never been this poor before.
It worries me (when I'm not avoiding it, haha).


Meanwhile, the husband is still miffed with me from a war of words on Monday night, but that's just the way it is.
We all row our own canoe.
He's going running tonight, and I'm taking a long walk when he's back.
Then a shower to get rid of the cold in our bones from autumn that has arrived in blustering fashion (fallen branches, pears knocked out of my pear tree, and gusts of wind and rain).
Reading.
Sleep.


.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment