Monday, September 16, 2013

Family is important

The husband's brother and his wife are getting divorced, and if my sister-in-law can choose, it would be sooner rather than later.
I feel sorry for my brother-in-law - he loves his family so.

They will have to disentangle their business - most likely sell it off to the bank in these times of economic hardship, which will leave my sister-in-law's parents high and dry as well.
Her parents sold their business to the brother-and-sister-in-law, and were counting on its profits for their pension.



The greatest tragedy, though, is our nephew, above, with his 2 greatest admirers, Son#1 and #2 - whom his mom has decided she would not be taking with to her new life.
I couldn't imagine ever leaving my kids behind, even when they sometimes annoy the living crap out of me.
She must be pretty desperate.

Family is important, but not only that, it is precious.
A precious commodity in a sea of change and insecurity.
Safe harbour.


.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment