Thursday, April 19, 2012

Zen & the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

I'm re-reading Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert Pirsig, after almost 20 years.
What a book!




It asks good questions, makes good observations.
In short, I love it.
Love it so much that I've even marked the best things with a pen, which, as a devoted bibliophile, I never ever do.

The first thing I underlined (and happens to be very true and applicable to my life otherwise I wouldn't have underlined it I suppose):


We're in such a hurry most of the time we never get much chance to talk.
The result is a kind of endless day-to-day shallowness, 
a monotony that leaves a person wondering years later
where all the time went and sorry that it's all gone.


Love it!
Just read it!!
It's wonderful!


.

No comments:

Post a Comment