Sunday, April 29, 2012

Drowning in a Cardboard Sea

Just 2 more nights and we'll have the keys to our new house.
Don't know if I should be jumping for joy or cry hysterically.

The husband is stressed and being short, the kids are hysterical, and all I would really like to do is lie in bed and get lost in my two books-of-the-moment, being 'A suitable boy' by Vikram Seth and of course my Zen & the art of motorcycle maintenance.

Slowly but surely the cardboard waves are rolling over our house and engulfing us as we watch.
I've discreetly tried to tuck the packed boxes into unused corners but this won't last long I expect.






Bathroom and Kitchen will get packed last.  It's amazing how much crap we have accumulated, stuff we hardly ever use.  Spent hard-earned money on.  Precious time cleaning it.  
Sigh.
The great purge of our lives is starting next week.
Watch this space!
I'm becoming a minimalist!!




.


No comments:

Post a Comment