Monday, April 30, 2012

The Queen's Very Own Day

Today is Koninginnedag - the Queen's day - in the Netherlands.
Everyone dresses in orange and kids sell their old toys for cheap in the parks.



Last night, as the husband took Son#1 and Son#2 to bed, I went to sit outside with 3 other neighbours and drank wine and listened to what they had to say.
Have lived here for 8 years, but learned more about them in an hour than in the previous almost-decade.

I loved the wine.
Wine makes everything better and more interesting.
Although after a restless night with restless natives, I can feel that wine pulsating in my skull this morning.
Albeit a dull thud.

My parents are leaving South Africa today for a full 3 months.
Big changes in one week.
Feel ready and up to it.
Can't wait to see my parents and have them meet their youngest (and I can assure you, their last) grandchild for the first time.

Change is hanging in the air!
Love it!



.


No comments:

Post a Comment