Thursday, April 12, 2012

One Whole Year on This Earth

Son#3 turns 1 today.
Our last birthday in this house.
Of all three births, he was the smallest, his birth was the shortest, and yet it was the hardest.
Finally cured me of this condition called 'Need-to-have-more-children'.
Should also mention it was my first birth without a heavenly epidural.

I spent the day of his birth on a high, tripping on Remifentanil.
Mommy did drugs, my boy.
And the hospital gave them to me.

After he was born, I nearly died.
I went into shock a few times, had blood transfusions.
It was touch and go during his first night on earth.
Afterwards, the head nurse told me that she had her doubts whether I would make it.
How cool that he (and I!!!) are here on this first of hopefully many and happy birthdays in his life!



Birthdays are really for the moms - how wonderful to remember how your children came into this world.

Have a good life, bunny.



.



No comments:

Post a Comment