Thursday, April 5, 2012

Bite the bullet

Tonight is the night.
Son#3 is going to have to learn to sleep through the night.
Albeit the hard way.

I'm at the point where I physically struggle to stay on my feet and where I have trouble absorbing information or presenting it in any coherent way (all things important in my job and day-to-day life).  
I need sleep.
Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed it like an addict needs his or her kick.

A kind colleague lent me her copy of Dr Weissbluth's 'Healthy sleep habits, happy child'.
It's not just let-the-baby-cry-it-out-kind of book,  it actually gives you the scientific reasons why you should help your children sleep through and how to do it.



Poor Son#3 will realise tonight that Mommy (and this is unheard of, I know, I know) also needs sleep, and so does he.  
Tonight I'm ignoring him.
The kitchen is closed.
His life-size cuddly toy [me] is adjourning all night-time attention in the form of milk, hugs and soothing.
Boot camp for baby.

Wish me luck.
Son#3 too.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment