Thursday, April 26, 2012

5 Days

Yep:  5 days and we are getting the keys to the new house.
I'm not really looking forward to the move for some reason, the change ahead is looming above our heads, and I think it's scary.



Yesterday afternoon, I sequestered Son#1 and Son#2 to their bedrooms, locked the doors and wished them well while I sat downstairs and recuperated from their presence with a glass of wine.
Delicious.

(Please don't think that I'm actually some alcoholic that locks her kids away.  The latter part may be true, but not the former.)

While sipping my well-deserved wine, I realized all of a sudden that this is the longest I have ever actually lived in one place.  8 years. 
Phew.


I will have to re-learn my space and where I am in relation to it.
How I live will change as well:  The lay-out of the new house is very different (being a dyke house with lots of different levels) and I will only be able to watch the boys when we're all on the same level. 
Might be problematic.


Hopefully this move signals the beginning of a more peaceful period in my life.
I crave peace today.

Another day with the monsters.
That's a problem (and I'm complaining terribly now) about being in education as well as having school-age kids:  Your holidays and breaks from work are not breaks anymore.  
Just work.
Different work.
Work with insane kids.
Sigh.

I'm tired of problems.  
One can get tired of problems and bumps in the road if you have them all the time.   



.


No comments:

Post a Comment