Thursday, March 29, 2012

Oh so positive

Am being oh so positive.
Even my blood type is O positive.
That is, surely, a sign from the Universe???

You know, lots of aspects of my life are stressful, painful, difficult.
But I know that these things are really a matter of perception.
It requires a shift in my perspective, that's all.
What do I choose to give importance to?
Of course all these tough things don't disappear, or maybe they do, but even if they wouldn't go away, looking on the bright side would make it a lot easier to bear, for me and my family.
Wish I could always remember these things.

It was Oscar Wilde (I'm almost positive it was him, if you'll pardon the pun, and if not, it might have been Epictetus), that said:

Everything is interesting if you think it so.

I suppose I could replace 'interesting' with 'good' or 'positive' or 'lovely' or 'possible'.
Trying to be positive about my life and my gorgeous kiddies also has to do with being completely fed-up with all this blooming negativity all around me.

Life is quite simple when you boil it down to the nitty-gritty, isn't it?
Love, laugh, eat, rest, enjoy, play, work a little and don't sweat the small stuff. (And yes, Richard Carlson was right, it is all small stuff).
Pretty soon you'll be 82 and then it's all over.
Focus on what is good, forget chronic pain and sleep deprivation and stress from work and life and remember that I have fantastic, interesting sons and idem ditto husband and a family that adores me.
I must sound like a horrid cliche, but cliches always have some kernel of truth to them, don't they?

This weekend the husband is off to Paris for a weekend away from the daily grind.
Am home alone with Son#2 and Son#3, Son#1 being at my in-laws.
Now why are they called in-laws, and not outlaws?

A point to ponder.



.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment