Thursday, March 1, 2012

Doomsday Version 1

A run-down of my day ahead:

At noon I hear the dreaded results of some of my tests at the neurologist.  Not looking forward to it at all.

Son#3 is sick, has been losing weight and has been running a fever almost every day for the past week. Doctor's appointment tomorrow morning.
Son#2 became hysterical this morning when I dropped him off at school, refusing to take his jacket off and crying that he doesn't want to go to school.

Sigh. 
This stress is slowly killing me (and I kid you not).  Life stress.



Guess the Descartes-reflex with regards to stress, hasn't quite worked out with me. 
I only realize too late that stress has engulfed me and it's already become a 'sink-or-swim'-situation.  No way back but forward.

Things at work are also complicated.  I guess I shouldn't have discussed my overflowing agenda with management. 
Oh well. 
Rather the current, complicated situation than feeling like a sucker and a slave.

All this might sound quite negative. 

The positives for today are that I haven't got any classes, can lounge on the internet at work (procrastination is my middle name and work can wait), I'm picking Son#3 up early, then Son#1 and Son#2, home, feet up, glass of wine, and tonight I'm helping a colleagues' son with his English which constitutes my good-deed-for-the-day. 

On Tuesday night I also went to a lecture on giftedness in children, and although we neither know nor really care whether Son#1 is gifted, it gave me quite some insight into how to help him be more understood and how we should love him.  That is also very positive.


After all this rambling and whining, I know that:  Everything is going to be all right.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment