Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Just keep walking

I have a wonderful new-ish colleague that seems to pull me along with his efficiency, good organisational skills and kindness. 
Today we had a long talk about me being overloaded and sort of clinging on for dear life as far as work is concerned. 
He gives good advice. 
I hope I can listen.

Then I also have the most wonderful husband that anyone could hope for. 
He gets up every morning, dressing and feeding Son#1 and Son#2, sometimes even Son#3 as well.
On top of his busy job, he's been keeping our house running smoothly this past year.
Love him dearly.  Dearly.


These last few weeks I've been having the same feelings that I had back in December:  That I am going to drown (literally) in my work. 
I have thoughts like:  If I can only make it until Tuesday, then I'll be o.k. 
But after Tuesday comes Friday, the weekend, Monday night etc. etc.

I've been navigating the rapids with work, health problems, hospital visits and the like, and I need calmer waters now. 
Luckily this academic quarter is almost over, my parents are almost here, and a new home waits for us to be moved into in 6 weeks' time. 

In the meantime, I walk to work every morning now, and it gives me time to think and put things into perspective. 

Just a few more weeks...
Just keep walking.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment