Sunday, March 25, 2012

Intouchables

Date night with the husband was wonderful.

First off we went to Dames Pellens for wine & beer.

Then to the movies to watch Intouchables (more about that in a second).

After the movies, we went to De Beyerd, an old cafe wth old people, to drink yet more beer and cider.

A gloooooorious evening.

The highlight was of course the movie.  



I don't think I've ever seen a movie that made me smile from the beginning to the end.  
My expectations weren't very high:  
Handicapped man + Carer never really equals Heartwarming to me.  
I sort of expected a moralistic movie with lots of Lessons For Life inbetween overly sentimental dribble.

I'm so glad I was wrong.

Aferwards, the husband and I couldn't decide why the movie was so damn great, why we couldn't stop smiling.  
I guess the moral of the story was that there wasn't a moral of the story:  
Simply two people whose lives touch and they are better because of it.  

Am going to go and see it again.

Luv-er-ly.
 


 .

No comments:

Post a Comment