Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Countdown to New Home: 8 weeks to go!

I've packed 11 boxes so far.  That means that I have about a gazillion boxes left to pack before we get the keys to our new house.

Have I mentioned that I can't wait?  The space, ooooh the space...  Room enough for everyone and everything we would like to do.

I'm planning on starting up painting again.  Haven't done it in 5 years and it is time for my brain to Return To Creativity.

My favourite artist (without trying to sound all too pretentious and snobby because I really don't know much about art anymore):  Walter Battiss.  



This South African gem of a man created his own kingdom, Fook Island, declared his granddaughter Queen, printed his own currency and passport with which he travelled to New York in the seventies, exchanging currency for dollars and gaining entry into the United States.

Not so much a fan of his art as I am in awe of his mind.

My kind of guy.  
Live your own life.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment