Wednesday, August 13, 2014

We live by signs #2

It hasn't really been my day.
I've been fighting with Son#1 all morning, many of the incidents were minor, but I freaked out a bit.
If you have the same arguments with the same person day in, day out....

Six weeks with kids-with-manuals during the summer holidays, are too many for me.
I need a blooming break.


Then this afternoon, the car the husband went to buy, turned out to be sold already.
We put in so much time to make a damn decision (budget, type, kilometers, age...) and for us, at this apparent deer-in-the-headlights-phase where we seem to be frightened of making any decision whatsoever,  the blow hit me hard.
Oh well.
Some self-pitying sobs later, and the acknowledgement that nothing seems to work out today (and I ain't kidding), I'm changing tactics.
It'll have to be a cheaper, less exciting car then.
It's just a car, getting us from A to B (hopefully).
And we'll have saved money too, which is great, right?
Right???

My cousin turned 40 today in South Africa, newly single, but also a new mother with a baby boy barely 2 weeks old. 
Life could be harder.

On Friday, I'll be a smack-bang 40 years old. 
And although age doesn't bug me, it feels awfully close to 50, when you're supposed to have your shit together, you know.


.

2 comments:

  1. A moment to catch up here and a lot to read. Then I'll keep my fingers crossed for some wise words (and tangible results) on the 22nd!
    You? 40? Today my big boy stood in the Bruna and pointed to a card with 50 on it. "That one is almost for papa, right?!" Mind you, his father has turned 40 only months ago :-D So beware hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roos, I hope something comes out of the blood tests, but I can see now that the endocrinologist won't be able to help me. They test one thing at a time (which is a waste of mine).
      I'll probably get the 'it's all in your head'-speech at my next appointment. All doctors in the Netherlands seem to have passed with flying colours when they followed the course 'We don't know what the hell's wrong but let's just call it psychological'. Sorry, I'm bitter towards the medical system. A GP friend once told us that they weren't trained to listen to patients, they were trained to treat them. Mmmmmmm. We don't see him that often anymore ;)

      Delete