Sunday, August 3, 2014

Home Sojourn

We are home again, ever so briefly, before driving to Germany where we found an uber-cheap apartment in the middle of bloomin' nowhere.
We ain't complaining - we're grateful for another break before work, buying a new car, studies etc. will all start again.

The week on the farm turned out to be a good experience, one which the boys will cherish, judging by the sad, bereft faces of 3 young men when we jumbled them into the car for the drive home.


And the husband and I had interesting conversations with our interesting farmer, we played gin rummy by candlelight and I squished spiders in the tent 'bedroom' before bed - the spiders being of the run-towards-my-reading-light-variety, giving me a 'Here's Johnny'-fright every night.
I'm not good with bugs.

We came home on Friday armed with a near-mortal tiredness and I took Son#2  to the GP, and he turned out to have pneumonia.
Oi vey.


.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with beating the pneumonia (tons of pills...?)
    And enjoy Germany with your men!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roos! Nothing a round of antibiotics (and then probiotics) won't fix. I could hear his lungs squeaking just by holding my ear to his chest, poor bunny. On to Deutschland, and good health! (To you too! Xxx)

      Delete