Thursday, August 28, 2014

It's a fact

Oh yes it is.
I'm meeting my friend Estelle in Copenhagen on the 5th of December (which is Sinterklaas here in the Nether Lands, something akin to Christmas), and flying back again on the 6th.
Hello, decadence & ostentation.
The husband will have to do Sinterklaas on his own this year, probably at his parents'.
I won't have another opportunity to see Estelle in the foreseeable future.
I'm so excited, I can't wipe the grin off of my face.
Yeeha!


Son#3 and I celebrated by drinking tea at a local farm where we sometimes go to buy our fruit and vegetables, and where they have a little playground for kids.
A cup of tea for 1 buck.

But I woke to a furor this morning after my input on Tuesday's discussion at work.
All of a sudden I'm being called upon to defend/discuss my position.
Sigh.
Who needs stress?
Who??
The director of the faculty hates my guts, and never greets me.
It's not nice going into meetings where you know the aim is going to be to put you in your place.
Oh dear Lord.




.


2 comments:

  1. How about the Saint visits at breakfast? We used to do that a couple of times and it worked wonders with the boys :-)

    Wear bright red lipstick to work tomorrow. Just to annoy your boss, ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be long gone by breakfast - but perhaps Thursday night might be good... Meeting with boss postponed until Monday! GRRRRRR!

      Delete