Monday, August 25, 2014

Through the park, James

 
And don't spare the horses.
 
A new academic year has started - for myself at work, but also for my oldest 2 boys.
Son#2 has had stomach pain for weeks now, and I suspect that it was nerves.
 
The husband dropped them all off at school this morning - Son#3 complaining that he also wanted to go to the big school - and many kisses and waves at the window later, he could extract himself from Son#2.
 
Son#1 has the same teacher as last year - one that sees who he is and understands him, and he happily cycled away to school on his own.
A new phase in his life has started without us noticing.
He likes his independence.
 
I have a busy morning at work, catching up on stuff I should have done last year already, then meetings this afternoon and home again.

We had a bad night.
Son#3 was in and out of bed, sitting silently in the dark by my bed until I deigned to notice him.
But I'm thoroughly knackered this morning, and I suspect, so is he.
 
Sigh.
Tonight, early to bed.
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Have a good start of the week Yo!
    And will still keep my fingers crossed for your health (take it one step at the time, don't predict any outcomes and I hope that will work wonders for your sleep - I wish I could say that about your kiddo as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roos. It's hard to get your mind and thoughts to rest (and shut up). A Zen teacher once told me that the guru on the mountain also struggles with this (which makes me feel better!). xxx

      Delete