Sunday, August 24, 2014

C'est Le Weekend: Vroom

It seems that the good husband has very-almost bought me a car.
A cool one.
On Saturday, he had to go sign all the paperwork and show them our 1977-model vintage Volvo 240 for trade-in.
The Volvo needs love, and we don't want to love it anymore.
The new car is cool:  no leather seats and not incredibly super-duper fast, but coming from the Volvo, it feels like I'm going to be cruising in a dog-gone Rolls Royce.
(At least, those things bother the husband and most men, I assume, but I'm content with very little so I'm very, very glad.)

After having followed the Autoimmune Protocol now for 14 days, I've lost 4kg.
Although this wasn't my intention in the first place, and I just wanted to feel healthy, I'm very happy with the weight loss too.
Not to mention that I have more energy, and my moods seem to even out (even with PMS which normally turns me into Momzilla).
I don't get that horrific hunger constantly anymore.
I feel in control (of what I don't know, but control is control!).
Even keeping the house clean-ish seems to be less of a challenge.
The weekend has come and gone and I did an assignment for my university courses and we we went to a birthday party on Saturday (also my dad's birthday).
On Friday I saw the endocrinologist for the latest test results.
It seems that my cortisol levels are awry, and I'll be admitted to hospital within the next 2 weeks for extra tests.
I'm assuming that I'm being tested for Addison's disease.
Bummer.
Son#3 is still feeling poorly, and so is the husband. 
This week will be better, I'm sure.

School is starting tomorrow again and so is the university where I teach.
All is ready and we are set to go.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment