Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Divinity

My three sons and I are home today.

Son#1 is feeling under the weather, preferring his pajamas to proper clothes.
We are slowly but surely getting ready to move him to his own room (a.k.a. scooting Son#3 out of his room and moving him in with Son#2 - who will then get to sleep on the top bunk bed).

Son#1 is getting big.
He bought a Minecraft-poster with his very last birthday bucks, and then he actually bought a toy car for each of his brothers, and a bottle of water for me.
Bless!

Meanwhile, it seems that autumn is here again with blustery showers, hail and wind.
I ordered new boots to replace my well-worn ones that the cat scratched on top when I just had them for a week.
My last clothing purchase for this year.


And with my birthday gift voucher I got from the husband, I ordered a book for the boys (nice tip, Roos!) and an Adele CD that makes me think of my dad.

I showed my face at work quickly yesterday, Son#1 and #2 in tow, and came home to spend the next 6 hours working non-stop.
I'll work a bit more today and tomorrow - spreading the work out a bit so I don't freak out.

My dad's birthday is on Saturday.
Most days my brain simply cannot comprehend what has happened.
And perhaps it is better that way.
Son#3 often tells me things about my dad, and that is comforting.
We are still connected.






2 comments:

  1. Ha, how nice to read about the book!! You're welcome.
    And hey, a son who buys his mom water, how cool is that (he'd better not show up with wine :-)

    Of course you are still connected. That will never change.
    Love!

    ReplyDelete