Wednesday, May 23, 2012

We are the champions, my friend

Son#1 had a sports day.  



It took a blooming miracle to get him there in the first place.
I received no letter, no email telling me that there even was a sports day to start off with.
And it so happened that I had to drop off all the kids and had a very early class and the husband had to be somewhere north of Amsterdam by 9 a.m.
Sigh.
Left the house at 7h30, Son#3 dropped off at daycare, Son#2 dropped off at school (DRAMA!  I don't want Mommy to gooooooo!).
Late.
Latelatelate.
Drove Son#1 somewhere in the general direction of a sports complex I semi-knew about, and followed cars with strange kids in them.
Phew.
Finally arrived at work almost an hour late for my own class.
Mmmmmmm.

Son#1 had a so-so time:  He won a silver medal, ran a victory lap with the group then decided to run out to the far end of the field ('I wanted to swing on the ropes').



Can't argue with that.




.

No comments:

Post a Comment