Monday, May 14, 2012

It's only a new beginning

Nothing to be scared of.
Just a fresh start.

I've been quiet, I'm sorry.  This business of moving and not having internet in a small town where there are no unsecured networks to surf the 'net on kind of tripped me up this week.
We have almost unpacked all our stuff.
Just need to find things like cables for computers and cameras and batteries again.
All in good time.

This morning we handed over the keys of our old home to a lovely couple, baby on the way.
I started crying.
All the memories of our boys - where they lay and watched tv, where they took their first steps, where their little heads lay in little beds and slept (or not). 
Our garden. 
Our front door.
The hallway where the buggy stood which-was-too-big-for-the-hallway-anyway.

After signing our old home over to the nice new couple, the husband and I went for a solemn cup of coffee in town. 
It's the husband's birthday today, too.




I hope, sincerely hope, that the new owners will have a happy and peaceful life there. 

New home, new memories to be made.
On towards a new, fresh, blank-page week.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment