Thursday, May 3, 2012

My new garden

Yesterday I spent the better part of the morning cleaning my new stove while Son#1 and Son#2 had intermittent fights and bust-ups in the garden.  
What a way to introduce ourselves to the neighbourhood.
I finally called it quits and chased the little mongrels inside after Son#2 bashed his older brother with an enormous stick and Son#1 was howling blue murder.
Enough was enough.
While I was cleaning away, Son#3 - an angel - sat quietly in his high chair munching rice cakes and sucking on his pacifier.  
(Note the low ceilings - dyke houses are like that on the floors below the dyke, and the husband only just manages to walk underneath the beams here in our kitchen and dining room)



Bless this child.
Sigh.

We have the loveliest garden.
It's not enormous but it is quite big for Dutch standards.  
The garden is bordered by an old cast iron gate (will post a picture over the weekend).
I love my 2 apple trees guarding over the sandpit!





There is even a pear tree next to our black shed (which I love!).





One more night in our old home.
Am getting a bit nostalgic about leaving our current home.
It's the change that is scaring me most, I suppose. 
Having to fit in all over again.
Having to find things like a cash machine or a supermarket or a person that can fix our bikes.
Having to introduce myself to the neighbours which is something I'm far too shy to do.
And I feel very sad today about leaving this house where the better part of my real adult life was spent (i.e. where we had kids and had to pretend that we were mature).
Am probably being a wimp, but that's the truth.
It's great that my parents are coming - both the husband and I feel better about the whole process knowing they are arriving tomorrow.

Just one more night that Son#3 and I will sleep in the same room.
I love him so, I will miss being close to him at night.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment