Monday, May 21, 2012

New Life

I can only say that so far, I love our new life.
It's wonderful.
The space, oh the space.
Room enough for everyone.
Space and landscape that allows the soul to breathe again.





My mother and I took all 3 boys to Drimmelen yesterday.
They have a lovely little fenced park in the marina.
It was a gloriously sunny day, and Son#3 enjoyed his freedom (finally!!) crawling around on the grass.
If it was possible for him to scream, I'm sure he would be shouting 'Free!  Free at last!'.
Son#1 and Son#2 gladly played for 2 and a half hours, befriending everyone in the park, rolling downhill, kicking balls.
Every now and then, a yacht's sail would appear behind the dyke, and I kept repeating to my mother that I have to pinch myself to think that we get to experience all of this. 

Finally at almost 6 o' clock, we headed home. 
All this loveliness only a mere 6 kilometers from our home.
We lived a good life in Breda, but our life was small.
Small house, small perspectives.
Our horizons have broadened now that we live in Hooge Zwaluwe.
Lebensraum is what we have now.
Pri-vi-liged.
That's what we are.

Last night the rain came down hard but I went to bed with a smile on my face.
And that doesn't happen often.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment