Friday, July 25, 2014

C'est Le Weekend: Just keep breathing

Friday night.
The boys are in bed, finally.
I'm lying, zonked out, on my bed with decaf coffee, lest-I-do-not-sleep.


Son#2 had swimming lessons, and his older brother taught him how to Loom.
It's all the rage in Kid Land.


My appointment with the endocrinologist went as well as I could hope for.
Test results on the 6th of August, another appointment on the 22nd.
Meanwhile my hands are so swollen from fluid retention that wearing rings has become impossible. 

The final planes are bringing back the bodies of the victims of Flight MH 17.
I can't bring myself to watch it nor think about it too much, yet that strangely feels disloyal.
What a disjointed world we live in. 

.

3 comments:

  1. Glad the appointment went as well as can be expected... holding thumbs for the results. Wish it was quicker! We drove past the Hilversum Airport every day last week for Heidi's swimming lessons and it was so sad. So many flowers, crowds of people. A girl in Heidi's swimming class lost their neighbours in the crash. She spoke to Heidi about it. How does a 6 year old comprehend such madness? How can anyone? xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is madness, all forms of war. Give Heidi a kiss xxxxxxx

      Delete
  2. I'll counting the days with you until the 6th. Hang in there!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete