Sunday, April 6, 2014

With a Deep Voice

I have an annoying high-pitched voice, and if you're into teaching (and I mean the 'into' quite loosely, as in 'I have to do it', not 'I dig it'), that's not so great.
Some days my voice annoys the living crap out of me.
Then again, it might just be the students and stress.

But there seems to hope for the high-pitched voice looming on the horizon.
I think I have a thyroid problem.
(And I realize that all this sounds quite upbeat, and it isn't, but the prospect of being 'helped' with something concrete, sounds marvelous).


I've had a lump in my throat for about 6 weeks now, thinking that one of the boys must have whacked me on the throat, hoping it would pass on its own, without my having to run to the doctor's again.
But it hasn't.
My mother mentioned words like 'angry' when describing me, the husband scampers away every time I'm near, and the kids automatically put their hands over their ears when I enter the room.
Perhaps I have been kind of angry lately.
Plus, all the conflict I've had at work, fighting every good fight I could...
Methinks my thyroid might be to blame.
I also have tiredness, muscle pain (which I thought was just the damn fibromyalgia), dry skin and hair, heart palpitations, no memory...
In short, I might just get that deep husky voice I've wanted all my life, after all.

I have work tomorrow morning, then I might just go to see the doctor and do some tests.
Thank goodness the rest of the week is fairly calm.
At least, despite being Super Witch, I'll try and stay calm.
Who knows, who knows.


.
 
 

1 comment: