Thursday, April 10, 2014

Toothless

Our schedules overflow.
Our lives lack boredom.
We have enough to do.

In between, we rushed to doctor's visits - both Son#3 and I, another damn fever for Son#3 and trying to defend physical symptoms for myself.  The doctor thinks I'm just stressed.
It's all frustrating.
My mother fell and possibly broke her wrist.
Son#1 and #2 fight and listen alternately.
Son#2 went to the hospital for his eyes again, getting drops that dilate his pupils.
He's been wearing sunglasses for 2 days.
And then he pulled his own tooth.



Our little tiger.

Meanwhile, today I've been tearful.
I feel frustrated after the doctor's visit.
I understand the mind-body connection, how the one affects the other.
But I don't think I'm a nutcase.
Yet.

I'm supposed to get some work done, but right now, I can't muster the energy, and just doing the damn crap laundry, dishes and changing the cat's litter box is a wee much.
Better to drink tea.
And watch cartoons.
Later, a glass of port.
Because the husband and I are going to Porto at the end of April - sans enfants - and that is a nice prospect.
When you're in a hole, stop digging.
 
 .

2 comments:

  1. Impressive Tiger you got yourself there!
    Couldn't you convince the doctor to prescribe just a routine blood test to double check? Nothing is wrong with check, check and double check: afterwards he has all the reason to (I pray NOT) call you a nutcase :-)
    Hang in there, weekend is just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily I had blood drawn (results next week), but to get to that point was a bit of a struggle... And I forgot to mention that Son#1 disappeared off the face of the earth yesterday (was supposed to cycle straight home after school - we had the school also out looking for him - the little bugger went to a friend's house...). Energy gone!!! Where?? We don't know.
      Some days you just need to breathe in, breathe out and wait for the day to pass.
      Sending love your way!
      xxx

      Delete