Friday, April 11, 2014

C'est Le Weekend: Nonparticipation

A friend, an artist, lives on a farm, in a small cottage, near the village of Paternoster (a small seaside town close-ish to Cape Town).
His partner cooks wondrous things in a restaurant from the stuff he forages on the beach and in the veld.
My friend paints, glorious things.


They've been sprucing up the cottage, and it is utter simplicity.
Right now, that cottage is my go-to fantasy for a life devoid of status and complication and money and too many damn frills that a large mortgage brings.
I don't want to keep up with the bloody Joneses.
I want to shoot them.

I wish I could post his photos, just to show you how wonderful it is, but having this semi-anonymous blog is what I want - I don't want my friend to read it too, if that makes sense.

But I guess those fantasies are reflective of what I really desire in my life, and that is just simplicity.
Honesty.
Sincerity.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment