Sunday, May 5, 2013

Take a tumble

Yesterday, late afternoon and home alone, I fell down the stairs.
Lots of them.
All of these:


Of course, I was on my way to the kitchen to get yet another thing to eat.
The Universe sometimes speaks loudly, and clearly.
This morning my entire right thigh and buttock is covered in an ugly bruise, including my left arm and hand.
Be thankful I didn't include a photo of that.

So far it's sunny.
And quiet outside.
A difficult neighbour often plays his music too loud, and yesterday he threw a helluva party.
This time he had the maturity and courtesy to drop a note into our mailbox telling us beforehand that there would be (contained) noise.
But when the volume went up at 1h30, and I still wasn't sleeping, I kind of lost it and called the cops.
A lady with terminal cancer lives right opposite him.
When it's not right, it's not right.

We have a fairly lazy day ahead.
We might go to Ikea to look for a bunk bed for the boys.
We might have a barbecue.
And I want to phone my mom and dad to hear how they are - my dad's morphine syrup is working and he's not pain-free, but the pain has improved greatly.

May peace be yours this Sunday!
 
.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment