Friday, May 31, 2013

C'est Le Weekend: Like a Phoenix

Finally.
Finally my hormones (at least, I hope I can blame my hormones) have left me and I feel more upbeat.
It might have something to do with my newly-acquired Neil Diamond CD that had me singing loudly and cheerfully in the car all day yesterday.
But although I obviously got stuck in some yesteryear-era in the seventies, this music makes me happy and think of adventure.

When I was about 7 (I think), my dad lent his car to a 'friend' that was down and out.
This down-and-out-scoundrel absconded with said car, leaving my parents disillusioned and angry.



We hunted them down, driving from town to town, until finally, we found their house, (and hallelujah for the time before cellphones existed preventing a warning of our presence), sat waiting under willow trees in the heat for them to return to their new home.
Said friend was apologetic.
My dad was forgiving and let the matter rest.
It was one big adventure for my brother and I.
I remember Neil Diamond and hot wind in my hair.
Good times.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment