Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Foreigner in a Foreign Land

Gershom was the first son of Moses, and his name signified traveler, exile and sojourner.
I can relate.

Yesterday was spent in a flurry of doctor's offices, hospital x-ray rooms and pharmacies.
All because of that silly slip down the stairs at the beginning of May.
Silly girl.
I'm sure that my neck is fine, I probably didn't break it, but it certainly hurts like hell.
Son#2 was my happy companion through all of this.

Pity about a very rude GP and rude GP's receptionist that almost had me crying in public again.
Sigh.
 

Chin up, Yo.
One day (and I hope it will be soon), I will accept that I live here, in Europe.
And that human warmth and kindness is not a given, but an exception to the rule.
And one day, hopefully, I won't even notice that I'm different than the natives anymore.
I will fit in.
No longer the loneliest person on the planet.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment