Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Exasperation & Disbelief

My dad is in hospital again.
His hemoglobin levels were below 5 (I think it should be above 9,5).
Luckily he's in a different hospital where the nurses don't play blaring music at 4h00 in the morning, and where a nurse actually sits with the patients all night.
They care.
Unbelievable.
Even his pain medication is continued (a miracle!!!) which is why he checked out of the hospital the last time - they saw that his pain medication wasn't effective then offered him nothing else.

His oncologist (an idiot of an egotistical man, who will one day be at the butt-end of my wrath) said that my dad should go home, even with life-threatening low hemoglobin levels(!!) and hypercalcemia.
There is a special hell for people like this so-called doctor.
What a quack.

Meanwhile, my dad is pondering whether he should do chemotherapy, my mother is looking for a human oncologist, and he's getting pints of blood by the bag-loads.

 
I feel inept.
Like my arms have been amputated.
And I feel too far from my parents.
God knows I love them.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment