Friday, May 17, 2013

C'est Le Weekend: Never Alone

And never being alone, must have been the grand idea of the Pentecost, I imagine.
We are alone, but together.
In various shifting degrees of these states.


Yesterday, I followed my friend's example and went to watch a movie, Iron Man, on my own, stuffing my face with large amounts of popcorn and enjoying it.
I should do it more often.
I also spoke to our physician at work, who suggested that I might try and start doing small tasks for work in June (making the shivers run through my body).
I can't avoid work forever, even if I want to.

And my disillusion with life and what I thought had purpose but now only leaves me with functionality, has me wondering if this is depression or enlightenment.
I think the latter.
I can't go back to thinking that life has purpose other than to love.
That's the only verb I can think of that comes close to being 'purpose'.
But even then, love is functionality.
To protect, to cherish, to help grow, to survive and live on.
All these things support the function that life and living necessitate.
I'm rambling, forgive me.

This weekend, Pentecost, we need to buy the boys a bunk bed.
I need to clean the house and my studio-cum-office because friends are coming over on Monday with their 4 kids (oi vey).
These things also need to happen.

But o.k.
Today is just today.
Now is just now.
Breathe in, breathe out.
And think of the ones you love.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment