Friday, May 24, 2013

C'est Le Weekend: Attachment

So many things were wrong in the world this week.
The worst was the horrid killing of a man in Woolwich, in plain view, mid-morning, all in the name of someone's god.
Not all Muslims feel like these weirdos.
The Islam is, in fact, a most beautiful and loving religion.
It had the husband and I thinking that this will surely cause some backlash of hatred from Western society.
And quite frankly, we are so sick and blooming tired of all the hatred in the world.
When you have kids, it makes it all the more real and scary and vulnerable.
Why can't people just be nice to each other?
Life is crap enough as it is, thankyouverymuch.

I guess I would just like to live in a world where there is less judgment, less attachment of values, no good nor bad, but just (very Zen) being.
I just want to be for a while, and try my utmost not to tell myself that I'm good or bad, or fat or thin, or pretty or fugly, clever or daft.
Just BE.


Just accepting of what my life consists of for this moment in time:
My dad is sick.
I live in the Netherlands.
I have 3 sons.
My brain and body is tired.
I own a house.
I have a husband. 

And try to forget about all the swear words I tend to add like adjectives to all of the above.
Be.



 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment