Friday, March 1, 2013

C'est Le Weekend: Fly, Fly Away

The husband left for New Orleans this morning.
Will miss him being here.
There is so much comfort in being with someone you love.
You don't have to speak, converse - but that being there:  That's precious stuff.

I'm left home alone with Thing#1 to #3, and I have no idea how we will fill our time.
This morning is covered:  I'm taking Thing#3 to an indoor play center with a friend of mine.
The afternoon is blank.
Will stick the kids in front of the TV and myself in front of the Wine.
Sounds good to me.




As you can see, the acupuncturist didn't kill me.
It was actually super interesting and quite painless.
Had about 20 needles stuck into my hands, legs and feet.
Then a heat lamp was placed over my feet and stomach and I was left alone for 25 minutes.
Afterwards, I felt 'light' and tingly, but this might have been my imagination.
I got some dietary advice (no bread, milk, cheese, sugar, leafy salad greens, but lots of water, tea, some gentle exercise, eating every 2 hours - yeehah! - and making those meals warm ones).
I gorged on biscuits and bread last night, and Praise My Lucky Stars, wine is still allowed or I would have run off - needles or not.

All in all, it has been a somewhat challenging week in which I felt stressed out and scared, and I hope the coming week will be kind to us all.
I just want to spend time in my pajamas, and feel heat enveloping me.
It's not too much to ask, is it?

Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment