Friday, March 29, 2013

C'est Le Weekend: Easter Surprise

It's been somewhat of an eye-opening week.
Literally and figuratively.

Let's start with the figurative part and slide into the literal, shall we?
Son#2 has a problem with anger management.
He got so angry with us for insisting that he eat his dinner (I mean, really, what kind of parents are we???) that he threw down his brand-new-two-week-old-pair-of-glasses, breaking them.
I have never been so happy with an insurance policy.
This proves it:  Yo has foresight.
An important feature.

While I was at the optometrist, asking for another pair of glasses for Satan, I asked them to check my eyesight as well, because I noticed that the husband could see things far off that I couldn't. 
(And he's had a cyst in his eye, for crying out loud!!!)
Well well.
It turns out I am as blind as a bat, so I got new contact lenses and ordered glasses.
Cool glasses.
Hipsters.
Of the cheapest variety.
Because surely, Hipsters are thrifty?

But eyesight is like a miracle.
I can discern each and every leaf, branch, blade of grass.
Driving around the countryside yesterday, I noticed houses and whole worlds beyond my previous field of vision.
Amazing.

And now it's Good Friday and Easter weekend.

 
Meanwhile back at the ranch, the boys have no school today (which I didn't know about until late yesterday), but the good husband left us his bank card to buy Easter groceries with.
And go for lunch (although he didn't say we could, but if he reads this, he will know now).
I wish I had a quiet morning with Son#3, but I can't hide from the kids anywhere anyway (except the cat's litter box, but I have my standards, you know).  

And I'm donating money to the casualties in Syria, because if that ever happened here, I would want someone to help us too. 

Wouldn't you?


.

No comments:

Post a Comment