Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A very good day

Agde turned out to be a bit of a dud.  
Granted, a few nice squares here and there and I love it that they used the volcanic rock in all the buildings. 
We went for a quick walk through the streets, bought croissants, were followed by a swearing ten year-old boy on a bike, walked back to the car and headed for Cap d'Agde.  

Beautiful beach.  Quiet.  Sunshine and 17 degrees.  Not too shabby for 'winter' in the Northern Hemisphere.  The boys even stuck their feet in the Mediterranean.  

My creative husband built a work of art with shells and a stick, what a pity that it was too big to take back with us in the car.



The boys dug holes with the shovel we had in the car while I fed Son#3 his croissant.  
He eats yoghurt and croissants, if that's not a French enfant I don't know what is. 



I simply love it here.  The light is wonderful.  I'm a world away from work and petty problems and mountains of stress.  I drink wine at 2 in the afternoon.  I'm a nicer person.  

Why can't I live here instead, Universe???

 Sigh.


.


2 comments: