Sunday, February 19, 2012

Note to self: Adjust your Expectations

This morning - what a blessing - we woke up in this gorgeous house in a beautiful town.  
The night wasn't great - Son#3 and I are a bit sick, my poor bunny coughed and snottered his way through the nightly hours, this morning he has a Marlon Brando-voice.



Every time we go on holiday, I seem to believe that everyone will magically be harmonious, willing to listen, stress-free, open to new perspectives.  And I have to admit that I also hope to be all these things. 

This morning as Son#2 is regurgitating all the swear words that the 'adults' spat out in the car, I have to hang my head in shame.  I suck at this Coping-With-Life-thing.  

Perhaps it really is just that I have to adjust my expectations:  That we don't leave our stress and difficult personalities behind at the border.  Unfortunately.  

Yesterday as we drove through France, it dawned on me that lots of my anger and frustration and resentment is tied up with my expectations of how things and people should be.  
Inevitably, I am disappointed.  
I need to work on this if I want a happy life.

We are only here for a week!  Better make the best of it.   



.

1 comment:

  1. If that's what it takes to enjoy your week then yes, adjust them!! Either way, you are in fabulous France and I am extremely jealous.
    Wishing you a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete