Saturday, February 18, 2012

Nothing Toulouse

We made it
It is now half past nine on a Saturday night and the giggling, screaming and semi-fighting has just died down next door in the boys' room. 

May I just say how gorgeous La Rive is?  That we have views of Roquebrun's old town and ruin at the top of the village from all the rooms and that the photos couldn't possibly do this place justice?  That we got a bottle of wine waiting for us from the owners when we stepped inside?  
I'm chuffed, well chuffed.


(Boring, I know, adding another photo of Roquebrun...)

It was an ordeal getting here although travelling with young kids always generally falls in the 'ordeal' category.
But it was a stressful week with medical tests and work and no sleep.

Last night we slept in a lovely hotel just outside Paris, well, we tried to sleep.  Finally managed to doze off this morning at 5 am.  Son#2's asthma medication seems to be the nasty culprit that turned him into a vampire, albeit not the blood-sucking kind so much as the energy and sleep-sucking kind.
Tonight he's gone to bed without the Ventolin or Fluoxitide inhalers.  We need sleep more than he needs clear airways.
Even 10 month old Son#3 had bags under his eyes this morning.  

We finally left Paris at 10 am, much later than planned.  Only arrived here at almost 8 pm after a full day's driving.  The poor boys started asking the dreaded 'Are we there yet' before we had even put 10km between us and the hotel.  I always marvel how we arrive alive even after all the tantrums and bust-ups in the car.  And I have to admit that I have enormous respect for the boys being able to keep their boisterous energy semi-under control despite being cooped up in a car for a whole day.

The tests I had yesterday pointed out that I have an exaggerated sympathetic nervous system reaction.  Will see what this all means when I see the neurologist.  

But right now, I'm in the South of France, a dream of a home in a dreamy village, and I plan to sleep well tonight.. 

I hope you do too.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment