Saturday, December 17, 2011

Sleepless in Breda

I can unhappily report back that Melatonin doesn't help a nearly 4 year old to kick his nighttime wanderings in the butt and sleep through

Pity.  

It's the greatest tragedy of my life at the moment.  

We've now passed the 4,5 year-mark of no sleep:  I guess we can survive anything now.  That is positive.


As I write, Son#1 and Son#2 are lying in front of the TV (our babysitter, remember??), in their pajamas, waiting for their dose of Melatonin to help them fall asleep easier.  At least, this makes it easier for Mummy.  Note that it is 17h30.  By 6 tonight, two little buggers will be fast asleep.  


I plan on being kind to myself tonight:  The husband has gone off to a birthday dinner, Mummy has her best friend by her side:  A fantastic bottle of Norton Syrah to keep me company.  



I will ponder questions like: 
Is the glass half full?  And if the answer is yes, I will refill it again.  

Later, when Son#3 is also asleep, I plan on watching a catastrophic movie, something that wipes out life as we know it.  Judging by my level of exhaustion today, this sounds like an attractive option to me.  


Have a good weekend

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment